If you have found this page, you likely have a bad problem in your home, attic or garage. Nobody wants to have bags in their home and getting rid of them is not always an easy process unless you follow a specific game plan.
You might only have one back that manage to sneak in, but if you have identified multiple you might have an entire colony that definitely needs to be removed.
A little background about bats and their behavior
Bats are nocturnal creatures. During the day most bats that we see in the Albany area go into a state that we call torpidity. This is where their entire body slows down: their breeding drops, their heart rate slows, as does their metabolism and body temperature. It is much like a state of hibernation we see in bears and other creatures through the long winter months here in the capital region.
That being said, you likely will not have much bat activity during the day. So, we thought we would share a handful of tips that you can implement to remove bats from your home here in the Albany area.
1) call a professional pest control company - it might be the lowest on your list, but calling a professional who is trained to handle that is likely your best bet.
2) use airflow to your advantage - A great strategy would be to close any windows or doors in the area where the bags are but leave one open. The cool thing about that is they can send airflow and will typically move toward it and fly out of your home
3) use a broom to put on top of the bat when it is on the wall or on the floor. It will normally react by biting or grabbing the broom in a manner of self-defense. Are you have to do then is to slowly walk the broom out of the house and let the bad fly away
4) cover it with a trash can - there's always a chance that the bats have rabies so you should always wear clothing that covers your hands, your legs, your arms and your head. When the bags come within range cover them with a garbage can and take them out of the house.
5) use a towel or a glove - if you don't have access to a garbage can or something else, you can use a towel or a glove but this can be very dangerous due to the fact that they might have rabies.
If you are local to Albany and are not interested in dealing with the problem yourself, please contact All Star Pest Solutions, your local Albany pest-control company. Schedule your free evaluation today.