If you are local to Albany, no doubt you've noticed the change in temperatures in the area. Equally so, you might have noticed some visitors in your home that you might not desire. We have heard many cases recently of people having an abundance of ants in their kitchens, bathrooms and other rooms around the house.
Typically, answer will be found near any sources of food or where it is moist, places like cabinets and your pantry.
Ants are attracted to sweet things like juice, syrups, sugar, or even honey. If you're seeing some ants on your countertops, is definitely something you need to address. Ants will typically find a food stores and then leave a scent trail back to their nest to let all of their friends know where to find food.
The goal is to keep ants from getting into your home at all costs. Once they're in, they have developed a network of trails in or around your house.
The first thing you want to do is seal up and caulk any cracks in your foundation or around the base structure of your home. This will prevent any ants from gaining access to your house.
You also want to make sure that you do not have any plans or mulch within 8 inches of your homes foundation. If you have anything closer, it gives answers many places to build a nest that are on your foundation where they can get in.
Here are some additional suggestions you want to implement on your own. If you are experiencing an ant infestation, please call a local Albany pest control company like All Star Pest Solutions.
1) Seal any cracks or openings on the inside of your home especially in areas where there is food like the kitchen or the pantry
2) be sure to remove any sources of moisture like a leaky faucet in the bathroom or the kitchen
3) Store any sugary foods or substances in plastic containers so ants are not able to gain access to them
4) keep your countertops clean and disinfected
5) be sure to sweep or vacuum your floors 2 to 3 times per week to minimize any problems getting on the floor
6) remove your garbage at least twice per week
We are available to help you with any of your pest control issues. Give us a call today.