We thought to continue our blog post from yesterday that talked about a handful of pest prevention tips for the fall weather that we are now experiencing. Thinking it through, there are definitely more than just five tips that we could offer so we thought this would be the place to add even more.
6) If you heat your home or garage with firewood, make sure that all stacked firewood is pleased at least 20 feet away from your house, your landscaping and shrubbery. These are I do know places where mice or rats will find a temporary home and if the firewood pile’s are too close to your house, they give me a jump and try to gain access that way.
7) be sure to repair any damage screens and install new door sweeps where necessary. Any window screens that are torn or cracked will be the perfect place where a mouse or rat will get in your home.
8) if you unload your groceries or other packages in your garage, be sure to inspect them before you actually bring him in the house. There’s always a chance that bring things down in the garage in for a couple minutes my attract rodents who could sneak in your house that way too.
9) if you are a family that has pets, be sure to not be any of your pets food out for any length of time. Put your dogs food bowl out for the morning and then clean it up and sweep around shortly after. If you are want to leave your pet bowl out overnight, you increase your chance of attracting any rodents into your home.
10) inspect any irrigation systems or water hoses for leaks or places where there is excess moisture. Any houses or irrigation systems with leeks is no doubt going to attract rodents to that level of moisture for their survival
All Star Pest Solutions Is your Albany pest control company available to address any of your past or rodent issues. Give us a call today.
Check out the other five Fall pest prevention tips we shared yesterday!